About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 5 September 2021

An idea for a Class 73

I have had a Class 73 sat in the cupboard for a while now, what to do with it?
In just over a year it will be 100 years of the Southern Railway.
Let's imagine that Eastliegh have come up with a plan to celebrate this. They have spoken to there apprentices "there is a Class 73 in the yard, you can do anything you like"
What would they do?
First we will need to rub it down and give it a coat of primer.
Let's paint it Dark Olive Green.
Dew to legal requirements it has to have Yellow ends.
Then a Black boarder with white lining.
I have to say she looks stunning. 
This was the second attempt as the first attempt went drastically wrong. After a coat of varnish, there seem to be a reaction with the paint.
One of those occasions when you just want to sink in to a big black hole. Never has this happened before so I can't explain why this happened. She was left alone for a good few days before the varnish was applied. Hay-ho.

No comments: