About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 31 August 2021

I bought Calbourne.

I don't model the Isle of Wight but having been over on the island the week before and seeing her in the flesh, I couldn't resist well, it's still an Adams 02 isn't it.
so, a nice box arrives, a bit bigger than the old box.
isn't she stunning, yes I forgot to take the foamy bit off the bunker, just to exited at the time.
In the accessory bag are Two etched name plates so I duly fitted them.
I must be lucky as she runs beautifully straight from the box. A bit on the pricey side but with this one it all goes to help the Isle of Wight Railway. A good thing in my book.

No comments: