About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 21 March 2021

New Road. Another update and something new.

Another one of those updates when you feel you haven't really done a great deal but actually, things have progressed quite a bit.

Firstly, the 'new thing' well it's something that we all need and deffinatly gets well used so, I treated myself to a new one.
We have a blue one this time, a nice new cutting Matt supplied by Hannants.
Something else supplied by them was these.
Why has he bought those I hear you cry, you will have to wait till next week's post and all will be revealed.

Let's get back to New Road.
I have been concentrating on the Station Building, it has been sitting around for far to long.
It now possesses front doors, front steps and an approach road leading to it.
Kerbs, storm drains and main hole covers have been added. The latter was obtained from Langley Models as an etch, I have had these for some time even back to Pine Road days.
Next was the platforms, again, these have been plain white for far to long.
Thinking I have described these in a previous post, they are from peco topped with  https://www.scalemodelscenery.co.uk/lx317-oo-network-rail-platform-coping-1008mm---oo4mm176-9144-p.asp
Is it just me but I had a real problem getting paint to take to these. A spray of Halfords Etch primer did the trick.
The edging is painted with Humbrol No 28 Matt and weathered using Humbrol No113 and weathering powders.
Next of course, is the tops. Made from card but kept a few millimetre below the surface, topped off with fine tile grout from Wickes.
Painted over with a mix of grey and white acrylic paint with some 'Black sand' sprinkled in. This was aquired from Geek Gaming
It's slightly courser than talc.
You just have to add a manhole cover. If one looks closely I have added cracks in the tarmac just by using a fine Black Sharpie pen.
That's it for this week.
Thanks for viewing and don't forget to comment.




2 comments:

SR Pine Road said...

When I first looked at your Peco platform edges on my Iphone I thought what have you done Colin, but now viewing close up on the big PC screen they look really impressive, well done. Also now I can see the tarmac cracks and its these little things that make it stand out along with the drain covers.

cparkstone said...

I was a bit concerned that I had overdone it slightly but stepping back, thinking actually it looks ok