About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 14 March 2021

New Road, a bit more done and a new edition to the fleet.

It's been a strange old week.
Covid jab sorted. I also had a phone call at the beginning of the week, could I attend New Milton railway exhibition ? That, I wasn't expecting but it looks like we may be attending with Parkstone Goods at the end of July.
New Road has progressed slightly. We have fitted fishplates to the lower section, a job I so love, the result is definitely worth while tho.
The trackwork has been painted and the railsides have been rusted up.
The station building for New Road has progressed. I'm not sure about this.
On a different subject.
Going back to my exploits in pre-grouping stock, I was given this by a good friend of mine.
Could it be used for my LSWR H13 railmotor kit ? The wheelbase needs shortening by 3mm, looking at it I think it maybe just possible.
Another friend of mine (Yes, one does have more than one) has put a big spanner in the works. He sent me a photo of a Class 74 sitting in Poole yard during 1976. Feeling that i now have an excuse to run one on Parkstone Goods, i was looking around for one. Silverfox have just re-released there's.
In the process of thinking about it. 
In the mean time and me being a sucker for anything Southern, I found this on good old eBay.
Ordered on Friday, I couldn't believe it when it turned up on Saturday morning. I realise that Hornby do one as well but I couldn't resist. You also have to remember and I think I am right in saying this. It's the first Crowed funded model ever produced in the UK. Only 200 were produced.
Without turning to the Google's have you guessed what it is yet ? I have been 100% Garunteed that it has never been run or even been out of its box. The problem with this is tho, I am now very reluctant to take it out of its box, let alone weather it and put a coupling bar on it.
Should I put you out of your misery now and tell you what it is.
It's like one of this Cliffhinger films isn't it, will she, won't she, he didn't, he bloody did you know.
No that's not possible, that would happen, but it did.
I have also just been informed that Bournemouth West has just won BRM 2020 best layout Compitition. 
Congrats guys.
Ok,ok will tell you what it is.
Self explanatory really, it's DJ Models Class 71.
And look all I did was lift the lid.
It says "please STOP!" so I did.
Don't forget to comment, follow etc.





No comments: