About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 28 February 2021

Lima Class 31, 2021 upgrade. The final.

My Lima Class 31, No 31420.
It would probably be easier to say what hasn't been done to this.
Strip down and complete repaint.
Handrails and washers added to cab fronts.
Handrails to roof panels.
Lazer Glaze, 
lights front and rear, 
a cablight to one end, I don't like to see both cab lights on at the same time.
Buffer beam detail. 
Replace couplings. 
New transfers, 
Add body side mouldings. Cab interior details built from scratch. 
Driver. 
Windscreen wipers, 
new sprung buffers. 
Screw couplings.
Add pick-ups to rear bogie.
Yeah, I think that will do for the moment. Not forgetting of course, a zimo sound chip from Youchoos.
Let's get to it. Here she is. Probably the best 31 in the world.
Cab lights, tail lights.
A night shot.
This has been an interesting project, what was supposed to be a quick project over a couple of weekends, this turned into five.
I am very pleased, if you asked me whether it was worth it, I would say yes deffinatly.
Including loco and sound chip it has cost just shy of 200 quid, what's the present Hornby offering. I think around 170.
All we are waiting for are the ultrascale wheels.
You want a video don't you, ok, go on then. Bare in mind it's a bit dodgy on my trackwork with those huge big wheels.

4 comments:

Abbeybufo said...

When I tried to watch the video, it wanted me to 'verify my age' - as I'm not happy to have to either show credit card or driving licence, I haven't been able to watch it. Is this a setting you can change on YouTube?

cparkstone said...

Hi Abbeybufo.
YouTube is basically asking you to sign in. If I was to change to suitable for children, ie under 18 you would not be allowed to share or comment or copy the link to other platforms. If you have a Google account you can just sign in with that. Hope this helps.

Abbeybufo said...

Thanks - I think that must have been the beginning of my computer playing up! Just got it back from the menders, and when I went to the YouTube link then it worked straight away!!

cparkstone said...

Happy you were able to watch it.