About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 25 February 2021

Drummond 700 class

Let's have a short interlude from the class 31.
Hello Mr Drummond 700 Class, welcome to your new home.
Yes, I have bought myself a Hornby Drummond 700 Class. 
I had one before but plain black, not realising at the time for my era that it should be lined green. I sold it not realising at the time how rather scarce the lined green ones are. Well, we picked one up off that auction site in the week.
She runs beautifully.
The description said "No couplings" not a worry for me as she will be fitted with 'Sprat & Winkles' anyway. The only other thing, I think there might be some brake gear rods missing on the tender, we can make those. Fit a crew and job done.
Oh yes, I can hear you all crying " what no video"
Ok.
She's a good runner.

No comments: