About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 12 June 2016

Fun with Foam

I have never used this stuff before but bought a can and thought i would have a go. Take one can of expanding Foam. Be aware very aware, you can see the fumes coming off this stuff as you spray AND it will at the very least triple in size.
 I forgot to take a photo of this stuff after it had expanded ("DoH"). After borrowing the Girlfriends very special bread knife this is the result. Actually quite handy stuff, beats having Polystyrene balls all over the place.
 Mix up some "Gloop" OK so it's Polyfilla and Paint with a bit of PVA added for extra flavour, Bake in the oven at 180° for Two hours basting regulaly, OOOps, sorry, wrong book. Has anyone noticed that spellchecker doesn't know how to spell "flavour".
 Add greenery to taste. Not finished yet but this is a view down the branch towards the pottery.
 I have also added some signs to the Waiting room and weathered it down a bit.

No comments: