About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 20 June 2017

The old boiler

Son:
Mum,There's no hot water.
Mother:
Oh, the boilers gone again
Ok, you'll just have to smell today, i will get someone out later to fix it.

I bought a few items from Anyscale models, he does lots of fascinating bits, really for the Wargaming community but lots for railway related items.
They are available 

Over the next few weeks i shall be posting about his models and what i have done with them.
Please note: i have no relation to him or his models, i just think they are great items to add detail to any layout.

First up then, is the boiler.
This is what you get x2.

Just to give you an idea of its size.


I added a couple of pipes and a flue, made from brass tube.
Anyscale models

Anyscale boiler
 A coat of paint and some weathering powders, this is the end result.
I originally painted the whole thing a rust colour and then the old method using hairspray then paint the silver on top, when dry, gently rub the silver away with white spirit and a cotton bud. 
    
The pipes were added after.
I think it looks the dogs.
It will have a coat of matt varnish but the paint was still tacky when i took these photos. 

No comments: