About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 22 August 2018

Exton Quays another update.

I thought it was time for an update.

What has been happening on Exton Quays well, mainly the fitting of "Sprat and Winkles" to the rolling stock, some details have been added to the layout, still plenty of this to be carried out. I have also been working on an idea of smoke from Odams chimney using an "e cigarette" I think this is going to work and look good. 
I won't lay claim to this idea but i will point you in the direction of a guy on Youtube that has done this and explains in a brilliant video on how to do it.


 I have also been building another Adams 02 kit (not the one in the photos) it was previously built by someone else and is proving to be problematic.

On the whole, the layout is coming along well. All works as it should. A proper running session is booked soon, to work out what stock is needed and the best location for uncoupling magnets, Generally these are fitted during the track laying process as any self respecting modeller will tell you but i have this knack of doing it my way, experience tells me that they normally end up where you don't really need one.

I have 4 of the new Brassmasters LSWR wagon kits to build, previously designed by Martin Finney. They are superb kits but look extremely complicated, if it was easy we would all be doing it. I also have another Roxey mouldings carriage to build. Plenty to be going on with over the next few months.
Anyway, i hear you crying for 'photies'

Obviously the station wouldn't normally be this busy but it gives you an idea of the stock that will be running on the layout.
I have a number of Private owners that fit in with the area well, as these have yet to be converted to "Spat & Winkles" 
An Adams B4 at the coaling stage, i am waiting for one of Mikes models LSWR water cranes to arrive.  





My favourite vehicle, the Drovers van from a Falcon kit.


A P&D Marsh kit was used for the "Cart" the white van of its day.



 The two Cattle wagons are from Hornby. The one on the left was repainted from a BR Maunsell wagon and re-numbered by me with reference from  "An illustrated guide on Southern Wagons" , then Hornby bought out there own in the SR livery and both have ended up with the same number. Whats the chances of that happening! 


















No comments: