About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 15 October 2018

Exton Quays and signals

A new milestone was reached last night.
Exton Quays has a Signal.
This has been lurking in my 'to do' draw for some time, an MSE Lswr lattice post signal kit.
They are a bit fiddly to build but they are impressive and make up into a superb looking signal.

It is connected to a digital servo and a Heathcote Electronics control module with 'bounce'. They have a row of buttons on the module to control speed, level of movement up or down, and amount of 'bounce'. All you need is an on/off switch and a 9V power supply.
A word of warning here, make sure you limit the amount of movement on the servo before connecting the signal wire, nasty things can happen.
Yes, a video for you.

 

No comments: