About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 21 April 2019

An M7 in 3mm scale

3mm scale Drummond M7
From
Worsley Works
I was asked by a good friend if i could build this for him. Can't be that difficult can it!
I had this for some time and thought it was about time i got on with it, it kept falling down the list.

There is a saying in the land of 3mm,
Its a builders scale, mate, have fun.
The Chassis and part of the body had already been built. Just a case of adding a few more bits, job done.

The first problem encountered was after making up the splashers, umm, err something ain't right.
To short and not deep enough.


 I sent about making some new ones...

Looking pretty good to me.

as can be seen from the photo it just don't look right does it guys.
Now, that looks a lot better... 
 ....without a doubt.
attach body to chassis and the whole thing shorted out. I have now discovered that the flange backs are touch the bottom of the smoke box behind the splashers. Also i have noticed another slight problem, looking at the picture below, the rear pony truck is sitting on the chassis between the axles so that will need filling away and there is very little metal above the leading bogie axle, will have to add some strengthening me thinks. 
The Joys of 3mm scale.


No comments: