About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 4 June 2019

Adams B4 and 21 wagons

I am impressed with my kitbuilt Adams B4 built from a South Eastern Finecast kit, 120-1 high level gearbox and Mashima motor with a fixed chassis.
The other night i was going through all the rolling stock for Exton quay. The main thing that needed doing was to adjust the couplings, just to make sure everything couples to every thing else. Some of these wagons are kitbuilt from brass or whitemetal, so some are heavy also, each wagon has a sprung wire on one axle of each wagon in the attempt to stop the magnets attracting wagons while the uncoupling procedure takes place.
Not really taking much notice of what was happening, just adding a wagon at a time and moving the train down a bit, she is pulling 21 wagons all on her own.
Just to add a bit of perspective as to how heavy this train is, my Beattie Well Tank managed 8



No comments: