About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 3 June 2019

Odams wagon

As Exton Quay is based around the old fertilizer plant at Topsham, I thought it might be an idea to have a wagon relating to the plant.
Not knowing that one ever existed or have never found a photo of one, i set about looking for ideas.
First i found this.....
 ....and then i found this. What stunning artwork. i would actually like to own this!
Turning my attention on how am i going to do this, enter my stepson, a genius with computer, who then set about doing the artwork. This was then printed onto some transfer paper and below, is the finished result. 

2 comments:

Alistair Lambert said...

Hello, I'm researching Odams' Fertilizer and chemical company. Enjoyed your post with lovely veg advert and visualisation of the carriage. Thanks

cparkstone said...

Hi Alistair.
Glad you enjoyed my article. There wasn't much out there at the time. Topsham museum may may be of use to you. Best of luck in your endeavours.