About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 29 June 2019

Exton Quay, yet another brake van.

On a Southern layout, you just have to have won.
A 25t pill box brake van, it being one of the Bachmann clan. Looking this up in the bible No 55975 was one of the first batch built 1928/29 The only thing that seems blatantly obvious is that Bachmann seem to have put the chimney in the wrong place. Ok, must confess that i have only just noticed this while looking back through these pictures. It will get changed. 
 The front and rear deck seem to be of metal sheet, so this area has had a bit of a repaint also, the roof has had some work, covered with tissue paper and repainted grey. 
 I think it has turned out well myself.

No comments: