About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 25 November 2019

Warley at the NEC

I felt honoured to be invited to the international model railway exhibition at the NEC in Birmingham.
Here we are all set up ready to go with Parkstone Goods. The traffic was horrendous north of Warwick on the M40. Arriving at about 5.00pm we were set up ready to go by 5.45
The Saturday and Sunday proved to be as busy as ever. A good weekend was had by me and my two fellow operators, many thanks guys.
Many rustleings were heard as items were bought from the show and stuffed under the layout. Steve Flint popped over and thanked me for the article in Railway Modeller, more thanks to him and his photography really, he's a nice chap.
A Scammel cab, bulk powder tank and chassis was purchased from Road Transport Images to make a Blue Circle cement lorry (more on this soon) I wish these guys all the best with there new venture in taking over the buisness. I was informed that a new website is being built.
Thank you all for the great coments that were recieved for the layout, it behaved impeccably throughout, apart from me blowing a chip in a class 33/1 trying to run two sugar cub speakers from a V3 chip, a rather expensive lesson learned.
Thanks to all the team at Warley model railway club for putting on another great show.

No comments: