About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 8 December 2019

Bachmann Class 03 part 2

The Bachmann Class 03.....
.....less than a day old, well, it just looked to new. 
As always, I use a photo to get an idea of what it may have looked like in 1974.
Unfortunately I am unable to find a photo of 03 086.
Out comes the airbrush and we set to work.
A mix of Humbrol Matt black and Matt dark grey for the roof and sand colour and rust brown for the lower body and undercarriage.  "Nulin oil" from Citadel paints was used to highlight and blacken the grills and details around the cabinets.
There we are, that will do for now. Some photos.
She has turned beautiful.
Just the air tanks and high level pipes to fit.
 Look forward to using her on Parkstone Goods.

No comments: