About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 12 April 2020

Stone buildings

I've been doing a spot of experimenting.
Using the old Peco country station building as a basis and never having built a stone building before. I was looking for a way of making "plastic stone" look more like real stone.
Products used is mainly washes from Humbrol, various weathering powders and turps ( the real stuff not the synthetic variety)
A coat of extremly thinned down primer was used in the hope of not covering up to much detail.
A coat of turps with a couple of drips of sand wash was applied followed by some weathering powders.
This is the result.
A before and after pic. Looking a tad to grey to my mind. I am trying to recreate the stone from the station building on Portland at Easton. It looks more white to me so shall continue the experimentation process a bit further.
Any coments greatly received.


No comments: