About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 11 April 2020

Locos' for Exton Quay

Hi all
Thought i would get the proper camera out and try to take some decent shots of the Locomotives used on Exton Quay.
Some were previously used on Pine Road and will get used on any future layout.
All my loco's are built with Romford/Markitts wheels, 
Highlevel gearboxes (lo-loader compact+) and Mashima motors, usually 90:1 or 120:1 
Click on the image for a super blow up pic.
First off. 
The Adams G6 built from an old Wills kit, now supplied by South Eastern Finecast. I had to add 3.5mm to the boiler for it to line up.
It was originally intended to fit the old Hornby Dublo chassis. SEF now do a lovely etch N/S replacement.

An Adams A12, built from an old NU-CAST kit, running on a scratch built chassis.

Another G6 but built from a Alan Gibson kit.

Probably the best loco in the world! 
Adams class 02 built from a SEF kit.
Very heavy and have had it pulling 20 wagons, come on Kernow.

What would we do without South Eastern Finecast.
An Adams B4

Look at her, aren't they an attractive looking engine.
A Adams Radial or 0415 class, simply stunning.  

They come in pairs around these parts. 3520 was my first kit built loco so is rather special to me. I will admit that i got a few things wrong but a good friend of mine put me on the straight and narrow and not looked back since

Again, another 02 from a SEF kit

It makes an occasional visit to Exton.
Drumonds " BUG" built from a Jidenco kit. 
This was a nightmare to build and get to run.
It drives on the centre axle, i thought about using a "beetle" but decided it would protrude to much into the carriage portion, good old Chris from Highlevel came to the rescue.

The only RTR loco on the layout.
A Beattie Well tank ( i can't locate a kit)
One of the original ones from Dapol sold through Kernow. It runs well but far to light for my liking. It has been heavily weathered as trying to remove the BR stuff became problematic hence the weathering 

That's it, in the "TO DO" draw is a T1, T3 another B4 and 02, a H13 Railmotor and a Class 700. What i would like is a Class 0330, as described in a previous post, its on its way. 

No comments: