About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 26 May 2020

Mullions and window frames

We are ready for windows. After making the Mullions, and tending to make it up as one goes along, how are we going to make the window frames for the mullions ?
Cutting a piece of 0.5mm perspex the size of the windows.
Holding it in place behind the window with a couple of strips of masking tape, i scored a line around the window frames....
Using the scored line as a guide, i cut some strips of Scotch "Magic tape" white (the type you can write on) and stuck these just wider than the score line.
I then made a frame on the reverse side of this, using plasticard and painted it with Humbrol 76 Green.
Hopefully, you get the idea, this makes good for the inside.
Glue to the inside of the window frame and you should end up with something like this.
And the inside...
Very fiddly but the second window looks better than the first, learning as we go.

No comments: