About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 31 July 2020

Exton Quay............

Exton Quay?

As some of you may know, i built Pine Road, i never thought i would get involved within the Exhibition circuit at the time of building the layout. A massive learning curve.

Hence, Pine Road was sold and plans drawn up to build a slightly smaller, more manageable layout.

The 'Cameo competition' got in the way, and a layout was built according to the Competition rules.
We are all still waiting for the feedback as promised, from the organisers of this so called 'Competition' 1 first and 3, seconds.....

I think Exton Quay has surpassed itself, judging by the comments received at shows
So that's good then?


Exton Quay, i feel, is someone else's idea of how a layout should look, be presented and operated.
Another massive learning curve.

Exton Quay has been 
SOLD 
I was debating whether to break it up but a very nice young fellow persuaded me not to, and asked if he could buy it.

Exton Quay will no longer here the sounds of squawking seagulls but is moving out into the  countryside to gain the smells and sounds of 'farmy' type stuff.
The new owner is fully clued up on the layouts limitation, its quirks and its operational value.
I am happy that it has gone to a very good home and i can still have a play from time to time.
( Any exhibitions Managers reading this and worried that the layout will not be attending there exhibition, worry not, as any booked exhibitions will still be catered for)   

Turning the clock back to a time just after parting with Pine Road. I will be busy getting back to my original plan, of building something,
 slightly smaller than Pine Road, more manageable and, "my way" of thinking how a layout should look, somehow without building a copy of Pine Road.







 
 Enjoy your new home.
Thank you.

No comments: