About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 3 July 2020

Adams T1 part 9

It started out to be a good day today.
I made up something to resemble the 'gadet' that seems to be on practicaly every Southern loco, just under the footplate, below the cab, guessing its some kind of injector. Looking at photographs, its quite prominent and felt it should be represented in some way.
I ask myself sometimes why i bother to build these things but getting to this stage, i know why.
She's all cleaned up and ready for primer. My usuall three stage cleaning process of a good scrub with Fairy Liquid (some of you are cringing at this) a scrub through with Flash ( the one without Pledge in it) and a final wash off in Isopyl Alcohol. Left under a paper towel (this soaks up any moisture) to dry overnight.
she will get a coat of Precision Paints etch primer, who knows, she may turn green on Sunday.
Then the kettle lid refused to open and subsequently fell apart and the rubber seal on the oven door fell off.

No comments: