About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 16 December 2020

Bachmann MLV 31-267Z

A Christmas present to myself.
I think this concludes the passenger services needed for New Road.
Bachmann MLV (Motor Luggage Van) 31-267Z.  Class 419 in BR Blue.

This was a limited run comisioned by Invicta Model Rail LTD of 512 units, i have No, 138 according to the certificate inside the box. 

Bachmann have pretty much got the SR EMU fleet sown up. A 4 REP would be nice.

Some might say, how you can get exited over a square blue box but these went through a fair few changes in there lives. Originally built for extra luggage capacity on the Kent boat trains, they found other uses for them when these demise including the use of the by the Royal Mail.
Withdrawals didn't happen until the mid 1990s.
The model is superbly detailed in every way.
I'm a happy bunny.

No comments: