About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 28 December 2020

New Road. Time for an update.

Wishing everyone a happy New Year and hope you had a fabulous Christmas.
Not having posted much recently, I thought it time for an update.
So, what have we been doing.
The backscene has been painted a dirty grey colour to represent a damp, rainy day. I have tried my hand at painting some silloeutes to represent some sort of distant city but painted it out again ready for attempt No2. I think this is going to become an on going practice.
We have also installed the island platform. Taking time laying the track straight, true and parallel with each other made this a lot easier to install.
The arches have also been permanately affixed in place.
Remember this photo.
Your going to see this photograph repeated many times on this blog.
Now your getting the idea of what I am trying to achieve, bearing in mind that the layout is only 9 feet long including fiddle yard.
There has also been a new addition added to the family, we have ourselves a Lima class 31. This is to become a future project, adding details and that 'can't line needs to be removed. Re-wheeled at some point, buffers, buffer beam detail, lights, who knows how far we shall go. I flatly refuse to 170 quid for a new one from Hornby, it's old tooling which makes me think it has paied for it's self many times over.

No comments: