About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 6 December 2020

Looking at track, New Road

A strange title you may ask.
I have been looking at lots of photos from the 1970s of trackwork around London. I am not entirely convinced on this buisness of everything being painted with Railmatch sleeper grime and rusty painted sides of rail.
To me everything looks a more black/grey or has more of an oily nature.
The unused track to the left in this photo is indeed of a rusty nature but the used track is a lot darker.
One has been experimenting.
So below,
Railmatch sleeper grime.
This next one has been blown over with Railmatch 1201 BR Executive Dark Grey.
That, to me looks a heck of a lot better.
On a slightly different note, while looking through my collection of photos, I came across this one. Seems odd that 30 odd years later I might be building something of this nature.
A photo taken completely out of the blue but tells me everything I need to know for detailing the arches on New Road. Who'd of thought it.

No comments: