About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 9 May 2021

Class 74, an M7, SOVs and a Terrier

Quite a selection in the title.
What's he been up to this week.
The Class 74 from Silver Fox Models continues (where's my chip?) Still waiting for the sound decoder. It's all wired up.
almost could pass as professional !
Also, sort of tried to do something towards adding pick-ups to the power bogie as the new wheels will be insulated from the axles.
You can also see the blue LEDs added, 4 in total, these are for the 3rd rail arching flashes.
Same with the trailing bogie.
The pick-ups here are a hornby part explained in a previous post. I had to drill and tap the hole to attach it.
Is that the engineer in me.
Now, what's the story with the M7
Well, just look at it it's stunning. It runs beautifully.....
.........have Hornby gone backwards. Unfortunately the same can't be said for there Terrier.
It looks great but, it flatly refuses to crawl and jerks away from a standing start. Two of the pick-upswere not touching the wheels, still the same with this fixed. Funny tho putting a decoder in her she will do exactly as you tell it.
Can't say that I'm impressed.
That brings us to the Pipe Wagons. Did they become SOVs after tops ?
complete with load.
Good old Bachmann. We had a shortage of these on Parkstone. A friend of mine was selling some so I grabbed a couple.
That's it this week. Still hopping to bring you a video of the class 74 sometime soon.

No comments: