About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 24 July 2017

Exton Quay The beginnings.

Exton Quay

Not sure on the name yet but we have made a start on the new project.
I wanted a smaller version of Pine Road, basically, a layout that's easier to transport and take to exhibition, something to run the stock that is used on Pine Road.
Most of the stock is kit built and some of it gained a lot of attention at past exhibition.
As one is getting older now (quiet at the back please), something that was more manageable was the main objective. Pine Road was never designed as an exhibition layout but one caught the bug, didn't one.
Pine Road has not been broken up but has become a permanent fixture in the spare room.
So,
to the new project.

Exton Quay, Baseboard

Exton Quay Control panel

Baseboard, yes, that will be the other end.

With the help of Martin at 
we built the baseboard, measuring 5' 5" X 2' 2" with built in control panel, the only thing to bolt on at exhibitions is the fiddle yard.
As regards to legs, i have bought Two of those adjustable trestles you see at B&Q recommended to me from a good fellow modeller.
99p cheaper than Screwfix (at the time of writing this) Bare in mind that you do need Two, there is only one in the box DoH!
Track laying begins
We had already worked out a plan, Five points gives you a bay platform, run round loop and Two sidings. I'm not one of those people that will cram track in everywhere.
As another fellow modeller once said to me, remember the number one rule, 
Kiss
Keep it simple stupid
The good old method of copper clad construction is for me.
Station Throat

Layout general view


The story so far! 
 

No comments: