About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 10 July 2017

Mixed Traffic July 2017 and Chassis Jig.

The Mixed Traffic 208
July 2017
The 3mm Society Magazine
This came through the door  at the weekend.
It lists the Annual meeting 2017 awards.
Articles include
The way ahead developments on new gearing,
Stone Point,
From the Archives,
Southern model at the AGM (just up my street)
Painting People,
A Third Three Millimetre Tram,
Dockyard Shunter for Portsea.
Fitting Commode handles to etch coach sides.
What's New,
and Blastpipe


Mixed Traffic 208 July 2017
The Blastpipe section caught my eye as there is a letter published about "Pine Road Models" Chassis Jig (ie: me)
I was chuffed to see that the letter, and i quote; "is one of the better ones that i have seen. Shame then that it uses pointed axles"
This question came up a few times when i was developing the idea but i couldn't decide what the diameter of the pin should be on the ends of the axle pins.
Pine Road Models Chassis Jig
Click below for more 
A couple of others have approached me on this subject, so, always willing to please, 
I have taken this feedback onboard. 
I am in the process of turning up some axles pins. 
They will have a 2mm long x 1mm diameter pin on each end of the axles.
The reason for deciding on a 1mm diameter is, this is the size of a Romford Crankpin.
Obviously the shorter the length of the pin at 2mm, this reduces the risk of accidentally bending the pin, or the pin breaking off or going out of true during the turning process and is plenty long enough to locate a connecting rod on.
You will be able to choose weather you require taper axle pins or turned axle pins.
Extra pins will be available separately (price to be announced)
The pins would then also come in handy for sweating the two halves of a coupling rod together.

So, the jig has Three uses in one.
Handy for building chassis,
Handy for sweating coupling rods together,
Handy for setting up and running in your motor/gearbox (as i found out while building one of Highlevels gearboxes)
All for £79.95+P&P or (£75.00 at shows) 
Not long now.
 Don't forget Westfest at 
Verwood Memorial hall 
September 23rd 20177.
SEE YOU THERE

    

No comments: