About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 26 July 2018

Dapol and the Adams B4

Well, It was going to happen.
I said NO, because i had already built one of South Eastern Finecast kits of one of these splendid engines, but, anyone who knows me, knows i'm a sucker for anything LSWR.
When i found out you could get one in Lswr livery through the collectors club, gotta have one.

It arrived Thursday morning. Before i go any further, even the owners handbook is worth a mention, 14 page handbook in full colour, listing everything you might want to know.

Dapol's B4 with one i made earlier.
Dapols B4

Dapol Adams B4
 Apart from looking a bit on the clean side, she does look stunning. Wonder if i could get one in Drummond Livery?
Dapol Adams B4 LSWR
 It even has the dimpled buffers.
Dapol Adams B4 LSWR
 I didn't notice it with the naked eye but there is actually a very fine darker green line between the Black and the Pea green. I feel and after consulting "bradley's Bible" that this fine green line should in fact be white, however, most goods engines from 1885 were painted Holly Green with a Black border and a fine Green line. Thought the model was Pea Green, slightly confused.
He does say though that with in a few months this fine line was virtually impossible to see anyway.  
Adams B4

Adams B4
 Still a superb model and think Dapol have done themselves proud with this one.
Adams B4

Dapol B4

Dapol Adams B4


No comments: