About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 23 July 2018

Exton Quays Coaling stage

I had an idea for a Coaling stage.
Now, i'm guessing that on the branch it would have been a "make do" cheap affair. As long as it does the job that's good enough.
Made from 1.8mm ply and 1.5mm square timber strip, bought from
You might want to take a look, really for the Dolls house and ship/plane building brigade but trying always to think outside the box they have some interesting products that we can use in the Railway world.
Also, how about this for your workbench.
Perhaps wifey might buy you one for Christmas.
Anyway, back to Exton Quays.
This took the best part of the weekend to make up even the crane took 2 or 3 hours.
Exton Quays coaling stage 

Exton Quays coaling stage
 The rear entrance of the warehouse has been finished as well, unfortunately i have created something of a problem here. One is scratching ones head.
You can see the problem, wall disappears into sky, ummm, errrr,
Waiting for a brainwave while driving down the M40 at 2am in the morning!!!!!!


No comments: