About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 28 March 2019

Adams G6 part 3, Wimrail and something new.

Firstly, i would like to thank everyone for looking at my 'Grumblings' on this here Blog.
20,000 views. WoW!

Wimrail.
Wimborne model railway society's exhibition was brilliant, thank you again for all the amazing comments on Exton Quay.
We had a brilliant weekend at the show and hopefully we have encouraged others to have a go. I must say a BIG thank you to Nigel for the help given to me as second in command. The Teacher taught the apprentice well.
ba14eagle posted a cracking video of Exton Quay. I am towards the end of Part 1.

Anyway, lets get back to the Adams G6.
This seems to be going on for a long time but exhibition etc has been taking up a lot of my time.
Not a lot to report other than it has now been painted, as i am a glutton for punishment we are going back in time back to the LSWR days. This is for a future project something i have wanted to do for a long time, no layout decided upon yet but a plan is taking shape. It will join the Terrier and the H13 Railmotor. Easton?????

Adams G6

Adams G6
There is going to be an awful lot of lining to do.

And now for something completely different.
I have wanted one of these for a long time. One popped up on E whatsit some time ago but lost out. Not to be beaten again, i won one (i will not disclose how much)
But, oh isn't she beautiful. Its part built but still a lot to do. I can feel this will involve an awful lot of head scratching, a few pints of 6X and all the patients you can muster, without going insane and ending up in some institute where they wear White coats.

For those that don't know, its Drummonds personal inspection coach, otherwise known as the 'Bug'
Built in 1898 and entered service in June 1899. There is a long story attached to the 'Bug' but it was still around until 1940



That's all folks

No comments: