About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 5 March 2019

Model Railways and fashion

As we know fashions change. 
I have been more aware of this lately since building Exton Quay.
One of the main questions that kept cropping up and was rattling around in my head for some time, what colour to paint the frontage?
In days gone by it was acceptable to just varnish the frontage and been done with it.
Mortomley by Steve Saxby, a cracking layout and the frontage really sets it off.

We went Through the 'Black' fase, where every layout that ever existed had a black front and black curtain.

Louville lane was a nice shade of Green/Grey

Your getting the drift on this, i can tell.

Horsley Bank, is the work of Stephen Howe an absolutely stunning layout. He took the plunge and painted it brick red but boy does it work well.


Pine Road was green, so when it came to painting Exton Quay, i can honestly say that i've never remembered seeing a blue one.
In Fact the official name is Duck egg Blue.

It would seem that Blue is the colour of the moment, the colour to be seen in on any Catwalk, sorry Exhibition floor!
as i have found another one.

Woody Lane built by Steve Fackrell.

It's Blue don't you know.
Do you know what, yes, i feel a song coming on.


No comments: