About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Heljan 1320. An interloper round 2

As this is not an area of my expertise it would appear that yesterday I bought the wrong loco. (See previous post)
Putting things to rights I have made a swap. I thought the "GWR" livery was right for 1934/1936 not the case. It should be the "shirtbutton" Monograme emblem. Introduced from 1934 and lasting through the war years. Note to self: stick to what you know.
A quick trip to Model Railway Solutions and the swap was made, no fuss, no dramas. Although he has his doubts that GWR should be ok, all depends when they were repainted, who knows. If anyone can provide a photo of one in 1934 them I shall eat my dinner!
So, here she is.
And a nice bag of bits, actually Two, even includes the bell for running on Weymouth Quay.
The usual process with all new Heljan gear, is to clean off the blackening agent from the wheels with a cotton bud and a small amount of thinners, not forgetting the backs of the wheels as well. Its no good cleaning wheels and not cleaning the parts the pick-ups rest against, it wont work, and of course, bending the pick-ups out so they actually touch the wheels.
Anyone buying the previous model, this has already been done for you.

No comments: