About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 21 March 2020

LSWR Gate Set

I recently had a trip to Wimborne Railway exhibition. I got talking to Andrew of W M Collectables.
A few weeks before, at the Bournemouth exhibition i had bought three loco kits from him, anyway, getting back to Wimborne. I couldnt resist another search through his items for sale.
Oh dear, there it was, the third item on my "must have" list. The first was Drummonds bug, the secound was the H13 ralmotor (i have, but still to be built)
It all wasnt quite as easy as it sounds. Me being me decided that for some reason or another at the time, not to buy them. I really like to build things myself, these were already built, would i be happy with them?
This bugged me during the week. Doing a bit of research, they are extremely rare and decided to ring Andrew, ( yes, aware that Kernow do them but the thought of hacking rtr about didn't appeal) could he put them to one side for me, i will pick them up at Alley Pally. As we know it was cancelled, so another Phone call to Andrew and he duly sent them through the post.

They are not bad. Im guessing they were built some considerable time ago.
What do you think?
Well, i am happy with them. In time a few things maybe updated on them.
I have changed the couplings to Sprat & Winkles, well there brass so it was easy.
Eek, thats close coupled.
Compensated boggies no less.
The other end.



No comments: