About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 8 October 2020

Another one of those updates!

I have been informed that it has been a while since I posted something. It would seem that the last post was on the 17 September last month.
What's he been up to you may ask?
Well, I have said before that one is probably lost himself in some project somewhere or other. This occasion is no different.
I was building some Parkside wagon kits, I finished one of them.
Four more to go.
These have been put to one side as last weekend 26 September 2020 I picked up these.
A rather large display unit or is it to be a piano, no, it's a new layout project. No name as yet but talking to a friend of mine it will resemble something from South London, 1970s. The idea of an island platform terminus on the upper level and goods on the lower. It was only suppose to be 7ft long but has already been extended by another 3 and half feet, making it 10 feet in length.
How far have we got?
track building has commenced. No computers stuff was used in planning of this track work.
I'm thinking along the lines (sorry for the pun) of bi-directional running, a train can enter and depart from either platform from either track.
In case you hadn't noticed, I actually enjoy building track.
This looks rather impressive, if I say so myself. I'm not normally one for loads of straight track but am impressed with this, yes and it is straight, not really that difficult to produce. So many layouts out there with wiggly track.
That's really it for the moment but am in the process of investigating using servos and control systems to operate this lot.
I think there might be something interesting to present to you over the weekend, that's of course if it arrives in time.



No comments: