About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 25 October 2020

The new layout, first test.

With track laid and wired up.
Is it time for a test to what works and what doesn't.
Oh well, plugging it in we had an amidiate short circuit, well, did I expect it to work straight from the box. I thought I had taken enough care but there is always the unexpected.
Two shorts reared its ugly head, one, I hadn't cut one of the switch blades right through at the frog end. The other, I had soldered a check rail across a joint....
....both easily sorted after a bit of head scratching to find them.
Time for the very first test bearing in mind that the frog polarities have yet to be fitted and the 'Diamond' yet to be wired.
Well it's looking good. I chose my Class 33/1. One check rail was a bit tight but other than that it works fine.

No comments: