About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 10 October 2020

The new layout

If you didn't notice in the last post, the track was played but the point work wasn't stuck down, I have been trying out a new way of making stretcher bars.
This looks like it might work. I'm not convinced about the strip of plastistruck holding things together, this isn't strictly true as the Two pins that go down through the baseboard are attached to a stretcher bar underneath, I'm sure whether to solder these.
All of my previous layouts have had up to 6 or 7 points, not to bad, this one has 12. Lots of pennies for point motors, been thinking about this and have gone down the servo route and all will be controlled by a Megapoints controller. A first for me. So we have made a servo mount.
looking good, only 11 more to make.



No comments: