About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 18 April 2021

Class 74 from Silver Fox Models, it's still going.

This is turning into one of those on going projects.
Remember about the wheels from the last post.
I think I might have something sorted.
So, what have we done this week ? Well, we have sorted out the wheels and pick-ups on the trailing bogie.
For the pick-ups I picked up item number X8786, it just clips over the old centre boggie part.
I had to cut two slots for the wires.
I had to make some brass bushes to take up the slack on the Alan Gibson axles and wheels 1.6mm long.
The buffer beams have also been fitted with good old Araldite.
We sat her on her wheels well, it would be rude not to.
So, now we are on the parts that I have been dreading. Those bogie frames.
I'm just not happy with these as supplied at all.
After studying a lot of photographs I think I have something that looks a lot better. 2 3rds of one bogie complete, only 3 more to go.

No comments: