About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 11 April 2021

The Class 74 continues but a disaster incured

The Silver Fox Models Class 74, I'm still at it. 
It has been painted and officially numbered, she is 74 001.
The roof grill and fan came from Extreme Etchings.
I have used class 74 grills as they are exactly the right size, I have a spare if anyone interested.
I also looked at the cab interior and working out a way of fitting the lights in.
Thought I would have a play with the lights. We have white ones.....
.....and red ones.
Chuffed to bits, thinking this is going rather well.
Next was the chassis.
Finding our centres, the instruction say "remove 25mm from the chassis"
I worked it out to be 23mm.
We need 27' bogie centers
just a trial.
Measuring is very important, only have one chassis, that old saying "measure twice cut once"
We have a chassis, just need some work on the ends as I am concerned about strength on the corners.
It's going well until, let's have a look at these Alan Gibson wheels and see if we can fit them to Hornby's axles with the gear wheel.
It shattered, so did the next one.
I thought the gear wheel was separate, it's not is it, it's part of the wheel hub moulding.
What I need now is one of these......
....on the left but with a 2mm hole.
Stuck now, anyone with a 3D printer.
Had enough now, time for tea.
and a video.
This one is interesting, it might make you think of the future and what's going to happen.

No comments: