About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 6 May 2016

Slow worm and Sign Post

Walking through the woods  today(your in for a big surprise) Really???? with the dog as it's such a lovely day and i see this.......... I can't remember the last time i saw one but it was just lying their basking in the sunshine.



Also, on a different note i found these two picture's of some good old Dorset/Somerset type sign post in case any modeller's were out there thinking about making one of these for there layout.


I made this some time ago, But im sure the sign was from Shire Scenes. I managed to get my printer to print it out on transfer paper really small.
Tip; Paint over the print with gloss varnish and it will seal the ink i have found that Matt or Satin doesn't seal the same when you plunge the transfer into water



No comments: