About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Monday 16 May 2016

Workbench

2 Posts in one day, heck, steady now, But just thought i would show you this. I picked it up off Gumtree for £30. When i went to collect it i thought it would 2 draw unit and a top but alas it turned out to be solid oak and all one lump, just managed to fit it in the car.


I think the cheapest and ideal workbench you could have for all those modelling creation's, yes, it's an old dressing table.
But then i found something else that is really usefull, those little plastic boxes that you see in the likes of "The Range" and "Hobby Craft" 12 for 9 quid, well i think someone must have measured them...because
They fit perfectly

As if that's not enough room i treated myself to one of these i have always wanted one but the antique ones go for silly money. Highly recommended. these are well made and totally brilliant. completely lockable and lined with felt.

I have nothing in association with this company but have bought various items from them in the past and have found them very good.  



http://www.chronos.ltd.uk/engineering-tools/2013/traditional-wooden-toolmakers-tool-chest-available-again-from-chronos/





No comments: