About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 31 July 2016

Wagons for Parkstone Part 1

It's been a few days since i posted anything so thought i better get off my posterior and do something about it.

This is what i have been up to over the last few days.
I did a bit of weathering on 47148 i also fitted some lazer glaze from Shawplan and changed the headcode from roller blinds to Domino, this was a pain because the loco was bought second hand a previous modeller had already changed the code an absolute pig of a job getting the old code off the perspex window.

 
Now, why is it i always seem to pick on a period that is hard to comprehend. I was looking around for some wagons for Parkstone.
!975 or there about; so guessing, right in the middle of the "transition" period. The Southern had virtually rid itself of unfitted freight stock, definitely all was gone by 1977. To early for air braked stock. "Railfreight" didn't really get going on the Southern until late 70s so that's your VAA, OBA, BAA and Oby-conoby's gone out the window. What was around at this time. I have been looking through old photo's, books, racking my brains trying to remember, well, basically your Vacuum braked stock. Any further advances on this would be a great help. Please.

I must mention this book "Modelling the British Rail Era" by Ian Fleming, Steve Flint, Ken Gibbsons and Jeff Taylor. It gives a really good insight into this period and how to model it.

Anyway, getting back to wagons, yes we all love wagons and lots of them.
It would appear that Bachmann have done pretty well on this. so this is where we are so far.

Your 12 Ton pipe wagon or SOV according to Paul Bartlett ( what would we do without this guy) A common carrier built 1956 and have a photo of one in Poole Yard dated 1977. so that's a start then.

Next an STV (making sure i spelt that correctly) Built 1960 and photo's galore. So that's ok then.
 Not so sure about this one but possibly given a ZHC code under tops i may get away with it. I just liked it and it's the latest offering from Oxford Rail. I have weathered it to within an inch of it's life. It wouldn't have been around for to much longer.

I have more but will leave those for another day when i have weathered them.


 

No comments: