About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Saturday 26 January 2019

LSWR Terrier project continues

Lswr Terrier.
Where are we at?
 The beginning of the cab interior, i'm sort of making this up as im going along.
This is the floor, a spare piece i had from an 02.

The backhead, water tanks and gauges, made up from various pieces of brass tubing, wire and plastikard. 

Not that you can see much of it when installed in the Terrier.

The other thing that needed attention was the glazing. How the hell do you cut such small circle from acetate sheet ? 
I had a piece of brass tube turned to the right size, sharpened one end and placed it on the sheet, a good clout from a hammer gave me 4 windows the right size.
Always the inventor!

She could do with a dust.

Well, there we have it, all we need is a nice Edwardian crew just to finish her off.


This has been an interesting project, i have enjoyed bringing an old kit built loco back to life, one loco that will be treasured for many years to come.
I think what makes this a more interesting project is the fact that there was only ever Two of these, sort of makes it special.

The next project, keep an eye out for the H13 Railmotor.

No comments: