About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 15 June 2018

Exton Quays, A small warehouse

As with all railways, Exton Quays really needs an excuse to exist.
If anyone knows the area, a Fertiliser plant you to exist near Topsham and went by the name of Odam's. They use to process guana that was shipped in from South America.
So.
I set about building a warehouse. After viewing various photos, it became apparent that not a lot was going to fit, especially on a layout of this size and its location. Looking to become one of those 'Suck it and See' situations. No forward planning in this department.
I picked up an issue of Railway Modeller June 2018 and in there is an absolutely stunning layout built by Bob Aldermen, St Martins Wharf. On page 441 is a stunning warehouse that the gentleman has built, it got me thinking.

Odam's fertiliser factory
 Thought i would do something slightly different and change the colour of the brickwork, the idea being to Railway built structures from other buildings on the layout.
Odams Fertiliser factory
 The chimney has come from.

I think the fact that the brickwork is different actually works well.
Still some way to go.
Odams Fertiliser factory


No comments: