About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Tuesday 4 February 2020

Alan Gibson Adams G6 Part 4

Done a bit more to the G6 today. Had 4 new tyres fitted on the car ouch, so not had a lot of time.
259 has the Nine Elms extra handrails and shunters plank so have fitted the handrails, will leave the plank hangers till the end when I solder the steps in place. I have also fitted the tops of the tanks inside the cab and the 2 seat tops, bit of a pain getting the soldering iron in there. Bit each day and she's coming along nicely.
Something I noticed that is missing on the chassis and is not included in the kit, are the rear sandboxes, may see if I can obtain a pair and solder them to the underside of the body rather than messing up the chassis. Not your usual way of doing things but I think the best option.

No comments: