About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Friday 21 February 2020

LSWR dia1410 10t van

I have built a Cambrian models kit of an LSWR 10ton van of SR dia 1410. Why, you may ask, well, just for the hell of it really.
Nice and easy to build.
There were over a thousand of these built in various disguises, so thinking one should really appear in Exton Quay. A couple lasted into BR days. Nothing is easy, some were built on wooden frames some from steel. This is a steel version so will be goods Brown with black sole bar and undergear. With those lovely split spoke wheels. Some were built for the S&D but wthout the end vents. 8 became SR dia 1412.
Built between 1899 and 1912 they did well to last as long.
Just paint to add.

No comments: