About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 20 February 2020

Hornby R6913A SR ex LSWR 24t brake van

A repaint and renumber of the Hornby brake van.
i used the Railmatch goods brown mixed with a small amount of turps and brush painted to look a bit more like it should. Its debaitable from various sources as to the actuall brown used but am going with HMRS colours.
This to me looks a lot better. Renumbered as 55014, i have a photo of it at Lyme Regis in 1932.
I have also painted the wheels (need to get different ones as im sure they were not fitted with 3 hole discs) and the running boards. A small amount of weathering, jobs a gooden.
Its a lovely model, well detailed and stands up well to the real thing.
Another brake van for Exton Quay.

No comments: