About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 19 February 2020

Alan Gibson Adams G6 part 8

How long does it take to build a kit ?  8 parts so far or nearly as many Star Wars films, or since the 25th January.
This is the 9th loco kit i have built and still learning. No one ever said it was easy.
She is all ready for painting.
As you may be aware, brass can sometimes cause problems of getting paint to stick to it. My usual regime of cleaning a loco is a good scrub in 'Fairy Liquid', lots of other modellers will say this is bad as it contains Lanolin, its not listed in the ingredients on the label. It is then rinsed well, i mean lots of water, do this in a bowl so you can catch any bits that may fall off. Then a scrub with 'Flash All Purpose Cleaner' ( not the one with 'Pledge' in it) this should neutralise any flux that you have used. After another good rinse, a quick wipe over with an old paint brush dipped in isopol alcohol, yes, guess what, another good rinse and leave to dry.
Sounds all a bit of a faff but it works for me. 
Part 9 of this sorrid tale my go live on Friday when it gets a primer coat.

No comments: