About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Sunday 27 October 2019

Drummond's "bug" the final

She is finished. 
After 4 months of soldering, bending, filling, glueing, cursing, bashing, bodging and anything else you can think of, yes, she is complete.
I have to say, and not trying to blow my own trumpet but, she looks stunning, I am well impressed, she (or perhaps I should say, he) runs really well. If you were at the Great Electric Train Show you may have seen her, sorry, him.
Even complete with a detailed interior.
I thought he needed something better than your average box. Searching on your usual bidding site I found an old antique type cigar box that I thought might be ideal....
........complete with a detailed inlay, describing the real thing and the model.
A couple of small jobs to do, add balance weights and number on side of carriage.
This is something that I am proud of and will cherish for a long time.

No comments: