About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Thursday 31 October 2019

Kernow/Bachmanns Class 205 "Thumper"

Couldn't resist any longer.
I have been looking at one of these for months, actually years but the cost kept putting me off. The good old saying "things come to those that wait" which my parents regularly drummed into me came true.
Kernow/Bachmann went all out with this one, can sort of see why its priced like it is. 
Look at it, its gorgeous, a superb and well detailed model.

I think a new layout may be on the cards soon. EEK

Number 1122 was built 02/58 and survived until 02/80 as a 2H a 2 car unt. Built at Eastleigh, although the frames were manufactured at Ashford. Famous on the Lymington branch for a while. 
It should have been the saviour of many a branch line, but from what i have read, just wasn't given the chance. Ringwood to Poole via Wimborne, Bournemouth to Salisbury via West Moors. Dare i say, even the Somerset and Dorset. 
I get the impression that somebody had already decided that these lines were to close. Today, could have been so much different!
Anyone that travels up and down the A31 will know what i am talking about.

Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 A close up of the driving car front.
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 You can not knock the detail. 
Passengers will be added when i fit the sound chip from Legomanbiffo.
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 The first class area, clever they put them at the opposite end to the engine, need peace and quiet while reading the Telegraph. 
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 The Driver trailer end. 
(couplings have been removed, we wont be needing them)
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 The cabaling, door handles and lettering is very well done.
You could almost grab the door handle, open the door and jump aboard.  
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 Just superb.
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 Even the lettering is well applied.
This is the weathered version even the overspray on the windows is acceptable.
Bachmann DEMU Class 205
 I can't fault it.
Bachmann DEMU Class 205

No comments: