About Me

My photo
When i left school back then i was lucky enough to enroll on an engineering apprenticeship. I think this lead me in good stead. I was always one of those children that pulled things apart but actually put them back together again. My first engine given to me at the age of Seven, a Triang Princess Elizabeth. The rest as they say is History. Later in life i got back in to Model Railways and started building Pine Road. This could lead anywhere so i hope you enjoy my Blog.

Wednesday 30 October 2019

Modelling the British Rail era

If your thinking of modelling the BR blue era, there is one book that I think is worth investing in. Even if you were around at the time, it's sometimes difficult to remember exactly what was what, how you remember something may be slightly different than the way it actually was.

Modelling the British Rail Era ISBN 0 9507960 8 5
Writen by Ian Fleming, Steve Flint, Ken Gibbons and Jeff Taylor. All well known names in the modelling world. First published in 2001 it's still of value even today. If you can find a copy it will be invaluable.

The book covers a wide variety of issues. A history of British Rail and it's goals, The Corpoate image, How stations changed, stock that was used, how trackwork changed and was developed, right down to when to use a brake van, there are even some ideas on layouts and how to model them.
Find a copy and enjoy.

No comments: